Facebook and Website Links
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park we have more information on our partner website – Wasaga Beach
Contact & Other Information
Address: 11-22nd St. North Wasaga Beach L9Z 2V9
Opening and Closing April 1, 2022 to October 10, 2022
Entrance/Gatehouse Wasaga Beach Park Office – Park Office Latitude: 44.498500 Longitude: -80.047283
Canoe & Kayak
Wasaga Beach is a picturesque town that sits on the shores of Lake Huron. The scenic route through this area will take you past many lookout points with amazing views, making it well worth your time, if only for an afternoon stroll! You can rent canoes or kayaks at different spots along its 32 km length to enjoy all these features yourself without having any worries about getting lost in the translation-the name itself means “to see” after all!
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
There are various places to rent canoes and kayaks from local outfitters.
Where to Launch
A provincial park boat launch can be found in Beach Area 1 at the far east end of the parking lot, and a municipal boat launch is located adjacent to the Wasaga Beach Welcome Centre parking lot.
Canoe launches are located at Schooner Town Heritage Site (off Oxbow Dr.) and at the Wasaga Sports Park (Klondike Park Road).
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.