The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Number of Locks/Flights: #43-44 in flight
- Lock Lift metres (feet): 5.9 (19.4)
- Co-ordinates: 44.41283, -76.31338
- Civic Address: 3000 Brewers Mills Road, Kingston, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-539-6847
- Portage: Yes
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Jones Falls Locks (17.2)
- Next Lock (Distance): Lower Brewers Lock (2.8)
- Parking: Yes (free)
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: Nothing dedicated but you can charge electronics I the washrooms (not secure)
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but check with lock staff first.
- Public Telephone: No
- Local Supplies: No
- Hiking Trails: No
- Cell Phone Reception