The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #32
- Lock Lift metres (feet): 2.2 (7.2)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 44.89313, -76.05590
- Civic Address: 22 Poonamalie Road, Rideau Lakes, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-283-3543
- Portage: Yes
- Boat launch: Yes, the boat launch is before you get to the main entrance and is OK for smaller boats, canoes, and kayaks. The surface is gravel/mud.
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Smiths Falls Detached Lock (3.7)
- Next Lock (Distance): Narrows Lock ( 31.3)
- Other Locks: Lower Beveridges Lock provides access to the Tay Canal and the town of Perth.
- Parking: Yes (free), but note that the inner parking lot is locked at 4:30 pm. Lots of parking outside the gates and near the boat launch area.
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables & BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: Nothing dedicated but you can charge electronics in the washrooms (not secure)
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water:
- Public Telephone: No
- Local Supplies: No
- Hiking Trails: Yes
- Cell Phone Reception: