The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #1-8 in flight
- Lock Lift meters (feet): 24.1 (79.1)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 45.42653, -75.69876
- Civic Address: 3 Canal Lane, Ottawa, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-237-2309
- Portage: No
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes, but not easy to get your boat here.
- Previous Lock(Distance): Ottawa River (0)
- Next Lock (Distance): Hartwells Locks (6.7)
- Parking: Yes ($) nearby
- Camping: No
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: No
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: No
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but do check with the lockmaster.
- Public Telephone: Nearby
- Local Suppliers: Centre of the City of Ottawa. Many shopping options.
- Hiking Trails: Lots of trail/walking tour options.
- Cell Phone Reception: