The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #26-27 in flight
- Lock Lift meters (feet): 4.9 (16.1)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 44.89328, -76.00435
- Civic Address: 9 Old Slys Road, Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-283-2663
- Portage: Not recommended at this lock as it requires crossing a busy road. Lock transit is free for kayaks and canoes at this lock
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Edmunds Lock (2.7)
- Next Lock (Distance): Smiths Falls Combined Lock (1.4)
- Parking: Yes (free) (opposite side of the road from the locks.
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables & BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: Nothing dedicated but you can charge electronics in the washrooms (not secure)
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but do check with the lockmaster.
- Public Telephone: No
- Local Supplies:
- Hiking Trails: Cross the road to the sports fields and there is a canal side walk that takes you all the way to the Smiths Falls Detached Lock.
- Cell Phone Reception: