The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #46
- Lock Lift metres (feet): 3.0 (9.8)
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #47-49 in flight
- Lock Lift metres (feet): 10.7 (35.2)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 44.29294, -76.44193
- Civic Address:563 Kingston Mills Road, Kingston, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-507-3188
- Portage: Yes
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Lower Brewers Lock (15.9)
- Next Lock (Distance): Kingston Lasalle Causeway (6.9)
- Parking: Yes (free)
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers. Some people prefer to move on to Lower Brewers because of the frequent trains passing this location.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables & BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: Nothing dedicated but you can charge electronics in the washrooms (not secure)
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but do check with the lockmaster.
- Public Telephone: Yes
- Local Supplies: About 1 km walk to Highway 15. Two convenience stores and a Tim Hortons (coffee shop).
- Hiking Trails: Nothing specific but plenty of places to walk.
- Cell Phone Reception