The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #9 -10 in flight
- Lock Lift metres (feet): 6.5 (21.5)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 45.38433, -75.70013
- Civic Address: 901 Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-235-2644
- Portage: Yes
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Ottawa Locks (6.7)
- Next Lock (Distance): Hogs Back Locks (1.7)
- Parking: Yes
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables nut no BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: Nothing dedicated but you can charge electronics in the washrooms (not secure)
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but do check with the lockmaster.
- Public Telephone: No
- Local Supplies
- Hiking Trails: Guided walking trail
- Cell Phone Reception