The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #31
- Lock Lift meters (feet): 2.6 (8.5)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 44.89582, -76.02724
- Civic Address: 62 Lombard Street, Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-283-0496
- Portage: Not recommended. The portage involves crossing a busy road and there have been accidents. As a result, traveling through all the Smith’s Falls locks are free.
- Boat launch: Yes
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Smiths Falls Combined (0.6)
- Next Lock (Distance): Poonamalie (3.7)
- Parking: Yes (free)
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables & BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes, portable toilets.
- Power Supply: No
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: No
- Public Telephone: No
- Local Supplies
- Hiking Trails: From here you can follow a canal-side trail to Old Slys Lock.
- Cell Phone Reception