The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #29a
- Lock Lift metres (feet): 7.6 (25.6)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 44.89720, -76.02058
- Civic Address: 70 Confederation Drive, Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-283-2103
- Portage: Portage is not recommended through any of the Smiths Falls Locks due to having to cross main roads. There is no charge for canoes and kayaks using these locks.
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: No
- Previous Lock(Distance): Old Slys Lock (1.4)
- Next Lock (Distance): Detached Lock, Smiths Falls (0.6)
- Parking: Yes (free)
- Camping: Not at the lock.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables & BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: No
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but do check with the lockmaster.
- Public Telephone: Nearby
- Local Supplies: short walk to the centre of Smiths Falls.
- Hiking Trails: Smiths Falls Heritage Trail passes this lock.
- Cell Phone Reception