The Rideau Canal is now closed for navigation for 2022 as of October 10th. Locks will not operate outside these dates, but you can still paddle the canal. The exact opening times for locks are available on the official Rideau Canal website; opening hours vary throughout the season.
Camping at this location is flat.
- Lock Number(s)/Flights: #17
- Lock Lift meters (feet): 3.2 (10.5)
- Co-ordinates (Google maps): 44.98240, -75.78655
- Civic Address: 673 River Road, North Grenville, Ontario
- Lock Station Phone: 613-258-4510
- Portage: Yes
- Boat launch: No
- Kayak/Canoe Launch: Yes
- Previous Lock(Distance): Long Island Locks (40.7)
- Next Lock (Distance): Lower Nicholson Lock (5.4)
- Parking: Yes, limited (free)
- Camping: Yes ($), if arriving by water and also for cyclists and hikers.
- BBQ/Picnic Tables: Picnic tables & BBQs
- Washrooms: Yes
- Power Supply: Nothing dedicated but you can charge electronics in the washrooms (not secure)
- Garbage/Recycling: Yes
- Potable (Drinking) Water: Yes, but do check with the lockmaster.
- Public Telephone: No
- Local Supplies
- Hiking Trails: Tip to Tip Trail
- Cell Phone Reception