⚠️ Don’t forget to check Grundy Lake park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Grundy Lake
Contact & Other Information
Phone: (705) 383-2286
Address: 20400 Highway 522
Opening and Closing: May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Grundy Lake Gatehouse: Latitude: 45.91768, Longitude: -80.55927
Canoe & Kayak
Grundy Lake Provincial Park offers endless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts with its beautiful inland lakes and rugged backcountry sites. Canoeing or kayaking is a great way to explore this park on your own time.
Inland lakes offer endless canoeing and kayaking adventures, which are great for beginners. Those looking for a nearby adventure can canoe to their campsites at one of the park’s ten backcountry sites, a popular way to explore the interior of the park.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes and kayaks are available for rent nearby. Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) are available at the park with a $25 refundable deposit.
Where to Launch
Grundy Lake, located in the heart of Central Ontario, is one place where you can enjoy peace and tranquility. The waterway is a great destination for boating or fishing trips with its 9 launches that will take your canoe out on an adventure!
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.