⚠️ Don’t forget to check Frontenac park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Contact & Other Information
Address: 6700 Salmon Lake Rd, Sydenham, K0H 2T0
Opening and Closing: January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022
Frontenac Park Office Latitude: 44.504167,Longitude: -76.555833
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Frontenac
Canoe & Kayak
Frontenac Provincial Park offers many routes for canoes and there are several starting locations throughout the 22 lakes. Call Frontenac’s park office to discuss your plans, as they have experienced staff who will help you find what best suits you.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
You can rent canoes and kayaks from Frontenac outfitters and also they plan to have online booking soon. For more information click the link to learn more Frontenac outfitters rentals
Where to Launch
Canoe launches are located at Big Salmon Lake and Otter Lake. Public boat ramps exist on some boundary lakes; Devil Lake, Buck Lakes as well as Desert & Otterman’s waters – but only if you have access to them! You may use motors here (with exception) which is illegal elsewhere within park boundaries except in one location that has an electric-only policy).
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.