⚠️ Don’t forget to check French River park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Contact & Other Information
Phone: (705) 857-1630 summer
Address: 20526 Highway 69, PO Box 9, Alban, P0M 1A0
Opening and Closing: April 29, 2022 to October 23, 2022
French River Visitor Centre: Latitude: 46.018035, Longitude: -80.583773
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – French River
Canoe & Kayak
While the French River Canoe Route may seem like a daunting task at first glance, it’s actually quite easy with proper knowledge and preparation. You can choose to go upstream or downstream during non-flood conditions but there are13 access locations along this river where privately owned businesses will issue permits on behalf of users looking for adventure in their journey across Ontario’s Northwoods terrain!
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Private canoe and kayak rentals are available at a number of locations along the river.
Where to Launch
Launching fees are required for accessing the French River. The majority of boat ramps are located at private marinas and lodges, so it’s important to call ahead before heading out on your own adventure!
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.