⚠️ Don’t forget to check Fitzroy park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Contact & Other Information
5201 Canon Smith Drive, Fitzroy Harbour, K0A 1X0
Opening and Closing
May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Latitude: 45.45239, Longitude: -76.21498
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Fitzroy
Canoe & Kayak
Fitzroy Provincial Park offers visitors some great activities they can enjoy on the Ottawa River and its shoreline around this wonderful park. You are able to bring your own canoe or kayak, but if you don’t have one then there’s always renting available at an affordable price!
For your safety please obey all signage and restricted areas from Ontario Power Generation Chats Falls: https://www.opg.com/building-strong-and-safe-communities/keeping-communities-safe/water-safety/
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoe and kayak rentals are available at the park store.
Where to Launch
The small boat launch into the Ottawa River is a picturesque spot that can accommodate fishing boats, canoes, and kayaks. As fluctuating water levels in this river are always changing it’s important to check with local authorities before using any recreational access points or channels because their availability may change at short notice
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.