⚠️ Don’t forget to check Finlayson Point park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Contact & Other Information
Phone: (705) 569-3205
Address: 24 Finlayson Park Road, Temagami, P0H 2H0
Opening and Closing May 20, 2022 to September 25, 2022
Finlayson Point Gatehouse Latitude: 47.054987, Longitude: -79.804448
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Finlayson Point
Canoe & Kayak
The smooth, green waters of Ontario’s Lake Temagami are waiting for you to launch your canoe and explore this pristine area. If it’s too windy on the Northeast Arm then there are hundreds of small lakes easily accessible from Highway 11 or one of these many gravel roads in between! With over 2k km worth (and I mean THAT MUCH) interconnected routes through all those beautiful lakes; we’re sure that no matter what type of adventure takes up most time – whether it’s fishing at night by candlelight while watching wildlife come right near shorelines…or just taking leisurely strolls along serene beaches lined with wildflowers-you’ll find something here today
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes, kayaks, and bicycles are available for rent.
Where to Launch
Finlayson Point not only offers a boat basin with docking facilities but also has an area for launching your vessel and catching fish. Mooring fees apply when using these resources.
The people at Finlayson point are friendly!
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.