⚠️ Don’t forget to check Ferris park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Contact & Other Information
Address: 474 County Rd. 8, Campbellford, K0L 1L0
Opening and Closing: May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Ferris Gatehouse: Latitude: 44.290800, Longitude: -77.785800
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Ferris
Canoe & Kayak
Ferris Provincial Park offers quite a few different canoeing routes, all with their own unique features. For instance, there’s the route through Kootneys Point, which has some great bird-watching opportunities, and another one called ‘The Narrows’, where you get awesome views of Vancouver Island, but it can be rough because it’s not always easy going!
A good way to find out more about these fantastic locations would be talking directly to someone who knows what they’re doing – such as park staff or other visitors alike; maybe even take an online course together, so everyone benefits from your knowledge?
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
There are no rentals available in the park itself
Where to Launch
A boat launch located in the south day-use area provides access to the Trent River.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.