⚠️ Don’t forget to check Emily park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Address: 4998 Concession #7
Opening and Closing: May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Emily Gatehouse: Latitude: 44.340451, Longitude: -78.534350
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Emily
Canoe & Kayak
Paddle your way through the vast Pigeon River with its wide riverbanks covered in lush green forests. Emily Provincial Park offers excellent canoes for beginners and those who don’t have one to rent; you’ll find them at The Store on-site! There are many unique frogs and birds that live along this body of water; head out exploring today – I’m sure we’re not far away from some new animal discoveries.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
The Emily provincial park has everything you need for an unforgettable summer experience. Canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards are available to rent throughout the season! You’ll find all safety equipment included in your rental fee or purchase it at our store if needed- including Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs). If not already, Proviso East Woods Area fishing guides will outfit clients with rods & reels while they’re here, too, so make sure to ask before going out because these limited quantities don’t always last long enough…
Where to Launch
Two boat launches provide easy access to Pigeon Lake.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.