⚠️ Don’t forget to check Driftwood park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Day Use Vehicle Permits: because of the popularity of this park, it is one that may need permits to be purchased in advance in order to guarantee park access. This was started in 2021 and will continue in 2022.
If you’re smart, grab the permit before any visit, even mid-week. We found this out the hard way at our local Provincial Park.
You can buy the vehicle permit up to 5 days in advance, which guarantees you access to the park on that day. If you have an annual or season pass, you should still book your permit online, but there’s no extra charge.
Facebook and Website Links
Phone: (613) 586-2553
Address: 39520 Highway 17
Opening and Closing: May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Driftwood Gatehouse: Latitude: 46.18000, Longitude: -77.84000
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Driftwood
Canoe & Kayak
The park is located on the Ottawa River directly across from Algonquin Island, which provides an excellent day trip destination for water enthusiasts. You can also enjoy calm days exploring this beautiful area while camping at one of our campsites before or after your adventure!
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Rental canoes are conveniently located in the campground and day-use area on the shores of the Ottawa River. Rentals include Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs), paddles, and a boat safety kit.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Where to Launch
A boat launch and small docking facility are provided for access to the Ottawa River.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.