⚠️ Don’t forget to check Darlington park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Darlington
Address: 1600 Darlington Park Rd.
Opening and Closing: May 6, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Darlington Gatehouse: Latitude: 43.8755, Longitude: -78.777834
Canoe & Kayak
Darlington Provincial Park is an excellent place for families and beginners alike. The sheltered waters of McLaughlin Bay make it easy to find your own rhythm on the canoe, no matter what level you are at!
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) are available for rent at the park store, but it doesn’t look like you can rent canoes or kayaks here if someone knows otherwise, please let us know.
Where to Launch
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.