⚠️ Don’t forget to check Charleston Lake park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Charleston Lake Provincial Park website
Charleston Lake Provincial Park official Facebook
Charleston Lake Provincial Park twitter
Charleston Lake Magazine: a private group that you can ask to join.
Friends of Charleston Lake: membership is available
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Charleston Lake
Phone: (613) 659-2065
Address: 148 Woodvale Rd.
Charleston Lake Gatehouse Latitude: 44.50176, Longitude: -76.04133
Opening and Closing: May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Canoe & Kayak
If you are looking for a place to spend your summer, try out the great outdoors and enjoy some time paddling on Charleston Lake. Paddlers can explore 75 km of shoreline with numerous bays and coves that offer different perspectives each day; this area is designated motorboat-free, so there will be no motors used which make it easier when exploring these shores! Sea kayaking has become increasingly popular over recent years because it lends itself well to vessels like those owned by sea lovers today – but don’t worry about being left behind as we’ve set up two portages available just outside our borders (one leading directly into Killenbeck Lake)
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes and kayaks are available for rent. Check at the gatehouse for availability.
Where to Launch
One boat launch is located within the park. It is free of charge to park permit holders. Trailer parking is located adjacent to the launch.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.