⚠️ Don’t forget to check Caliper Lake park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
The peaceful waters of Caliper Lake offer a relaxing option for a day of canoeing. Visitors can rent canoes at the park office or bring their own.
Facebook and Website Links
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Caliper Lake
Phone: 807-484-2181 or 807-226-5241 (Sept – April)
Address:P.O. Box 1760
Opening and Closing May 20, 2022 to October 3, 2022
Caliper Lake Gatehouse Latitude: 49.068974, Longitude: -93.904116
Canoe & Kayak
The tranquility of Caliper Lake is a refreshing way to spend the day. Visitors can rent boats or bring their own, and there are plenty nearby for everyone who wants some fun in this picturesque environment!
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes and kayaks are available for rent at the park office.
Where to Launch
Two boat launches, with ample space for trailer parking, are located in the park.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.