⚠️ Don’t forget to check Biscotasi Lake park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Biscotasi Lake
Address: c/o Chutes Provincial Park P.O. Box 37, 660 Imperial Street North
Opening and ClosingMay 6, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Biscotasi Lake No Main Entrance – general location of the park Latitude: 47.352455, Longitude: -81.997528
Canoe & Kayak
The many islands that dot the surface of Biscotasi Lake make for a perfect canoeing and kayaking route. Flatwater paddlers will be delighted with all available shoreline, bays, and protected waters this body of water has to offer; two other large lakes nearby provide an excellent extension into greater exploration opportunities just by renting canoes
For more experienced paddlers looking for multi-day adventures the Spanish River offers a number of paddling options:
The Forks to The Elbow – 58 km (3 days)
The Elbow to Agnew Lake – 50 km (2-3 days)
*Sheahan to The Elbow – 40 km (2 days)
Biscotasi Lake to The Elbow – 114 km (5-7 days)
Biscotasi Lake to Sheahan – 74 km (4 days)
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
There isn’t any boat rentals in the park but if anyone has any information about near by outfitters please let us know.
Where to Launch
There is a public boat launch at the Duke Lake access. Boat launches are located at Biscotasing General Store and Agnew Lake Lodge (a launch fee applies at this location).
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.