⚠️ Don’t forget to check Balsam Lake park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Address: 2238 County Road 48
Opening and Closing: May 13, 2022 to October 31, 2022
Balsam Lake Gatehouse: Latitude: 44.62555, Longitude: -78.85738
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Balsam Lake
Canoe & Kayak
Explore the Balsam Lake shoreline, and for the kayak fisherfolk, expect Walleye, Muskellunge, plus Large and Small Mouth Bass.
This park has a “Learn to Fish program” it’s a free practical program that includes a real fishing experience. Visit ontario.ca/learntofish for more information and availability.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes, kayaks, and paddle boats are available to rent on the beach. Rentals include PFDs.
Where to Launch
Canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards can easily be launched from the beach. Alternatively, there is a boat launch.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.