⚠️ Don’t forget to check Awenda park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Contact& Other Information
Address: PO Box 5004
Opening and Closing:May 13, 2022 to October 11, 2022
Awenda Park Office: Latitude: 44.843699, Longitude: -80.002699
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Awenda
Canoe & Kayak
Awenda PP fronts on to Georgian Bay which can be great for experienced paddlers. However, weather can change and you should always be aware of weather forecasts and rising wind.
For novice and less experienced paddlers, Kettle Lake offers a great motor-free place to enjoy. If you’re into kayak fishing, Kettle Lake offers Bass and panfish.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes, paddles, and PFDs are available to rent for campers (NOT day-use visitors) during July & August.
All visitors can borrow a properly fitted Personal Floatation Device (PFD) with a $25 refundable deposit. Visit the Registration Office for more information.
When it comes down to PFDs, they are not expensive, so grab your own.
Where to Launch
no information available at the moment
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.