⚠️ Don’t forget to check Aaron park alerts before traveling. Advisories include boil water advisories, fire bans, beach conditions, and a whole lot more useful information that might impact your visit.
Facebook and Website Links
Phone: (807)938-6534 summer, (807)223-7535 winter
Address: Box 730, 479 Government Street
Opening and Closing: May 20, 2022 to September 18, 2022
Aaron Gatehouse: Latitude: 49.758122, Longitude: -92.653490
If you’re looking for information about camping or hiking at this park, we have more information on our partner website – Aaron
Canoe & Kayak
Aaron Provincial Park is located on the shores of Thunder Lake. A great place to explore but do take note of weather conditions and weather reports. This is a large body of water, and high winds can make paddling tricky or dangerous. Do take advice from park staff.
An overview map is available for Aaron Provincial Park on the official website.
Once you become more proficient, Aaron PP is a good point to start exploring several major canoe routes.
- Plan ahead and check with the park for any specific knowledge you’ll need.
- Be weather aware before and during your adventure, no matter how short.
- Have a plan, and make sure people know where you are going and when you’ll be back.
- Avoid traveling alone, especially if you’re a novice.
- Wear your Personal Flotation Device (PFD), don’t just carry it.
- Attach a good quality whistle to your PFD (no little balls/peas).
- Carry a cell phone or radio (in a waterproof bag that floats).
- Carry safety equipment kit, including buoyant towline, bailer, and waterproof flashlight.
- Recommended are change of clothing/waterproof clothing in a dry sack.
Canoe & Kayak Rental
Canoes are available for rent at the Park Office. Remember to bring PFDs, and it’s always best to check rental availability before arriving.
Where to Launch
A boat launch is located by the fish cleaning hut.
We strive to keep the information up to date, but it’s impossible to visit every location regularly. If you find something has changed or you think we’ve missed something important or useful, please Contact Us. We are always happy to include relevant local business information – just a one or two-sentence paragraph and a link to your website, or Facebook page.